Did you know that Eggplant is a powerful vegetable for a woman?
- For irregular menstrual flow.
- It energizes her entire system and keeps her going.
- It’s a good source of phosphorous, potassium, calcium, and magnesium among others. And we as women need to keep these minerals in balance to be active.
This is a food that from a young age, I recall my Mom cutting one up and finding a worm moving. Since that moment that food was never, never in my plate. , not because I didn’t like it, but because for me all eggplants have worms….NO GOOD!!!.
This happens with many habits that stay with us in life. We have had a bad experience and now we avoid them for the rest of our lives.
Searching for different choices to prepare delicious foods, this vegetable came into my plate, without me relating it to the past; and it surely tastes delicious, it is satisfying and easy to prepare in many different ways.
Make changes, adventure in new natural foods, spice them up and enjoy them. Here is an easy snack using this wonderful and nutritious vegetable:
- 1 medium eggplant about 3 slices.
- Dash of Paprika
- Salt Pepper 1/3 tsp.
- 1/3 teaspoon organic coconut oil
- 3 slices of tomato
- ¼ cup sweet white onion slices
- ½ cup of fresh mushrooms
- 3-4 leaves of basil chopped
- 3 Brown rice cakes (Make sure that ingredients call for: Brown rice)
Wash the eggplant, cut it in ½ inch wide (you can use the skin, it might be a bit hard to chew, I do enjoy it or you can peel them out), mix them with the spices. (paprika, salt & pepper)
In a medium sauce pan preheat the coconut oil at medium heat; place the eggplants and let them cook around 5-7 min on each side.
Remove the eggplant from the pan; add the onion let them cook until light brown. Set them aside and finally cook the mushrooms for 2 minutes. Drain the mushrooms afterwards.
Take the rice cakes place on top:
Sit comfortably and enjoy.